Living Naturally Series
Herbs and Animals
Saturday, October 8, 2022
Let's Goat Rescue Care Farm, 7512 Genesee Rd., Springville, NY
A fun new event for the whole family! Come join Earth Spirit and Let’s Goat Rescue for an Autumn venture into Nature. Learn about the natural balance between plants and animals, healing the world around us. Discover how plants and wildlife are preparing for Winter and enjoy a meet and great with goats, donkeys, chickens and more. Earth Spirit and Let’s Goat Rescue are partnering to host this great event. Let’s Goat Rescue is a ‘Care Farm’ promoting the healthy interconnection of people, animals and Nature- to benefit all three.
Event Schedule: Saturday, October 8th (Rain date will be Sunday, October 9th)Note: Earth Spirit and Let’s Goat Rescue will each be leading two of the same, 30 minute programs per session, allowing participants to experience each one!
- 10:30am – Welcome/Introduction
- 11:00am-12:00pm – Session 1 & 2 (Herb Walk & Introduction to Small-Scale Regenerative Farming)
- 12:00pm-1:00pm – Lunch (Vegan chili & Cornbread lunch for sale; cash only please)
- Enjoy entertainment and opportunities for shopping and a raffle to support our organizations!
- 1:00pm-2:00pm – Session 3 & 4 (Local Wildlife & The Gifts of Targeted Grazing: How Goats Help Heal the Planet)
- 2:00pm-2:15pm – Closing and Thank you!
Registration$5 per adult | Children 12 and under are FREE!
Wilderness First Aid Training
Saturday, October 15, 2022
Letchworth Woods, University at Buffalo North Campus
This hybrid Wilderness First Aid (WFA) course is designed for an individual or small group that travels beyond pavement and into the outdoors. The course consists of 8 hours of online learning and 8 hours of in-person training and practice scenarios. The in-person event takes place Saturday, October 15th.
WFA covers the most critical aspects of providing safety and first-aid in a wilderness setting. Adhering to the wisdom of the National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR) and it’s guidelines, you will receive both theoretical and practical, up-to-date training. The resulting certification is valid for 2 years. Must be 18 or older.
The training will include (but is not limited to)…
- recognizing and avoiding wilderness hazards
- how to prevent and treat problems caused by exposure to…
- extreme heat or cold
- lightning strike
- biological hazards
- medical emergencies
- instruction on splinting and immobilization
- wound care
- performing full body assessments
- role playing with realistic scenarios
To register for this 16 hour training, please fill out and submit the form below AND complete payment via PayPal below or mail a check made out to Earth Spirit to P.O. Box 261 Orchard Park, NY 14127.
You should receive a confirmation email with further information following submission of your registration form. Please make sure to check all email folders. Online coursework must be completed before participating in October 15th training.
Ecology Day Camps
Ecology Camps are run through the Recreation Department or School listed. Please follow the link for registration (when available)