Experience the Adirondack region as you never have before! This trip will take you off the beaten path, to secluded lakes, bogs, and old growth forests as you learn about the wilderness of New York and gain experience paddling, hiking, and even camping.
The expedition takes place out of the historic Camp Huntington, an original “Great Camp” now run by SUNY Cortland. This facility allows us the freedom to explore the Raquette Lake region in canoes and kayaks, as well as on miles of hiking trails through the rich forest.
If you enjoy hiking, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, exploring, learning, etc. or if you desire to learn more about these things in a safe and enjoyable environment, then this trip is for you!
Register today to reserve your spot on this amazing trip!
What to expect from a typical day in the Adirondacks with Earth Spirit…
- 8:00am – breakfast
- 9:30am – load up canoes and set off for a secluded bog
- 12:00pm – arrive at bog and eat lunch
- 12:30pm – explore bog and learn about the unique plants and ecology of this spot
- 4:00pm – arrive back at camp, relax and prepare for dinner
- 5:00pm – dinner
- 7:30pm – crepuscular hike around the forest
- 9:00pm – sit by the campfire along the lake
- 10:30pm – head to bed!
Instructor, Trip Leader
Guests will arrive in the town of Raquette Lake, NY around 12:00pm on August 4th. Once the group assembles, a ferry will shuttle us across the lake to Camp Huntington. There is no car access to the Camp. On August 9th, a ferry will return the group to Raquette Lake and guests will depart for home around 12:00pm.
Camp Huntington is an historic “Great Camp” that is currently operated by SUNY Cortland as an environmental center for students. Accommodations therefore are bunk style and there are separate men’s and women’s facilities. The Camp includes a full service kitchen staff who will be preparing three meals a day for all guests.
All meals are included in this trip. Camp Huntington provides a kitchen staff who prepares three scrumptious meals each day for all guests of the Camp. Meals are selected by the kitchen, served family style and there is the option for a vegetarian selection if desired*.
*please indicate your preference when registering
Costs & Registration
- $650.00 per person
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- ferry transport to and from Camp Huntington
- 3 meals per day
- kayaks (and associated gear)
- canoes (and associated gear)
- hiking trails
- ADK museum entrance fee
- experienced wilderness trip leaders
What's Not Included
- transportation to and from Raquette Lake, NY
- bedding (pillows, sheets, etc.)
- camping gear (for optional lean-to overnight)
- personal hiking gear
- fishing poles tackle/bait (must be licensed)
- alcohol; this is an alcohol free facility