Unforgettable landscapes, once-in-a-lifetime hikes, a marine wildlife tour, visits to glaciers and mountain streams, and time to bond with others who enjoy the natural world as much as you do! Spend nights tent camping in some of the most gorgeous regions of the world and spend days traveling to various locations learning about the unique ecosystems and wildlife within.
What to expect...
There are not “typical” days in Alaska. That being said, here’s an example of what you can expect…
- Break camp at Talkeetna early, eat breakfast, and hit the road
- Spend time visiting a local author while taking breathtaking views of Denali
- Stop for some scrumptious fresh blueberry pie
- Drive into Denali National Park and set up camp
- Enjoy dinner together at camp
- Head out for an evening wildlife safari
- Relax by the fire before turning in for the night
Wilderness Trip Leader
Assistant Trip Leader
Guests should plan to arrive at the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport on August 12th and plan on taking their hotel shuttle to the local hotel for the first night’s stay (Participants are responsible for hotel accommodations on or before the 12th. Earth Spirit staff will coordinate picking up all participants from their hotel by 8:00am on August 13th. All local travel throughout the trip will be in a large van(s) driven by the trip leaders. Departure flights from Alaska will be after 7pm on August 22nd. Should participants wish to stay beyond that date, hotel accommodations will be their responsibility.
Transportation to and from Alaska is not included in the cost of the trip, nor are flights arranged by Earth Spirit. Please do not make any travel arrangements until contacting Russ.
Participants will be tent camping in some of the most beautiful locations in the world. Some campsites will be “front-country” sites, while others will be a bit more remote. All campsites will be within walking distance of vehicles. Double occupancy tents will be provided. All other gear will be the responsibility of the participant.
Please contact Russ with any specific gear questions or concerns.
All backcountry meals will be provided and prepared by Earth Spirit staff. Meals in town, while limited, as well as incidentals will not be covered. All group cooking gear will also be provided, however participants should bring their own personal mess kits.
Please notify Russ of any concerns related to food when registering.
Costs & Registration
- $1,895.00 per person
- Registration is limited to 8 participants.
- Registration minimum is 6 participants.
- Guidance and education by experienced Wilderness Trip Leaders
- Ground transportation
- Camping fees
- Park entrance fees
- Fees for group activities
- Backcountry meals
- Double occupancy tents
- 1 can of bear spray per tent
What's Not Included
- Air transportation to/from Anchorage
- Personal camping gear (sleeping bag, pad, pillow, etc.)
- Meals in town
- Gratuity for trip leaders
To reserve your place on this trip:
- A $700.00 deposit is due by 05/01/2024
- The remaining balance is due by 06/01/2024
- Once minimum registration is reached, the trip is a "go" and deposit(s) are not refundable