Join two of Earth Spirit’s Naturalist Educators on an adventure of a lifetime! Explore the back-country of the Canadian wilderness by water as we paddle through streams and lakes and camp at primitive sites along the way.
If you’ve been looking for a way to get away from the busy world of technology and escape into nature, this trip is for you.
We will be paddling for six days in a loop through secluded lakes in a small group, camping at primitive sites, and learning about the local ecosystem in an intimate way.
All food and gear rentals are included in the cost! You just have to bring yourself and your personal gear. Details below…
This trip is for adults 18 and older.
What to expect from a typical day paddling with Earth Spirit in Algonquin…
- 7:30am – breakfast at camp
- 8:30am – load up canoes and set off across the lake toward our next site
- 12:00pm – arrive at our new site and have lunch
- 2:00pm – set up camp, gather wood for our fire
- 3:00pm – explore the local forest looking for signs of wildlife
- 5:30pm – eat dinner by the fire
- 6:30pm – enjoy some time fishing or meditating in the evening
- 7:30pm – crepuscular hike listening for the wolves howling in the distance
- 9:30pm – Swap stories by the campfire
- 10:30pm – turn in for the night, tomorrow will be a blast!
We will plan to meet with all participants to go over the basics of paddling, safety, clothing suggestions, etc. Date and location TBD.
Any participant interested in fishing will need to abide by all local Ontario and Federal Canadian fishing regulations. Each participant over the age of 18 will need a current Ontario fishing license. This will not be provided by Earth Spirit and is the responsibility of the participant, however we can provide instruction on gear and technique.
Instructor, Trip Leader
Guests will arrive at the Algonquin Outfitters – Lake of Two Rivers Store by 12:00pm on July 27th. Once the group arrives, we will assemble our gear and head to our put-in location. Canoes will be waiting for us there. There is no car access once we depart. On August 1st, we will return to “civilization” and guests will depart for home around 2:00pm.
Due to restrictions on group size at back-country sites, the provided 4-person tents will be shared by two people. Earth Spirit will work with participants to ensure satisfaction with tent-mates and will do our best to accommodate individuals.
All sites are located along waterways and have primitive facilities (think box over a hole…) There is no running water, no electricity, and no cell service.
This is not a trip for everyone, however we will do our best to accommodate participants who would like to join.
Food will be provided by the outfitter we are working with for this trip and is included in the cost. We will work with participants to come up with a food menu that suits their needs.
Costs & Registration
- $1,200.00 per person
- Registration is limited to 6 participants.
- Food for 6 days
- Guide service
- Featherweight Carbon/Kevlar Canoe (Average 40lbs)
- Premium Lightweight Tent
- Bent Shaft or Traditional Hardwood Paddles
- Three-season Sleeping Bag and Liner
- Deluxe P.F.D.
- Reusable Beverage Container
- Expedition Canoe Pack
- Waterproof Matches
- Self-inflating Therm-a-rest Sleeping Pad
- Fire Starter
- Backpack Stove with Fuel
- First Aid Kit
- Cookware and Utensils
- Padded Camp Chairs
- Campfire Grill
- Camp Saw
- Insect Repellent
- Lightweight Tarp
- Poncho and More
- Thwart Bag
- Water purification system
- Stuff Sacks
- Informational Booklets on the Algonquin Park
- Algonquin Park Canoe Routes Map
- Embroidered “Algonquin Park Canoe Tripper” Crests for all participants
- Waterproof Map Case
What's Not Included
- transportation to and from Algonquin Outfitters – Lake of Two Rivers Store
- personal hiking gear
- personal care products
- fishing poles tackle/bait (must be licensed)
- alcohol; this is an alcohol free trip