This condensed excursion will consist of some really spectacular experiences. Participants will drive as a caravan to multiple locations in northern New York and Ontario, CA focused mostly upon the unique geology of the region. A stop at the famous Herkimer Diamond Mine to find precious gems, a whitewater adventure on the Ottawa River, a dive into the Bonnechere Caves, and a brief respite at Chimney Bluffs to cap it off!
Locations listed below are all planned stops for this trip. No previous experience is required for rafting and all costs for experiences are included in trip price. Please click on the links provided for more information about each one!
- Herkimer Diamond Mines
- bring your own hammer, chisel, and eye protection!
- Wilderness Tours Raft & Kayak Resort
- class III-IV rapids; minimum weight 90 lbs
- waiver must be filled out before arrival – please do it upon registration. (Link found under Forms & Documents at the bottom of this page)
- Bonnechere Caves
- bring a flashlight!
- Chimney Bluffs State Park
For this experience, we will be traveling as a caravan with all participants responsible for their own transportation. Ideally this would include carpooling with other participants (which can be arranged once we know who is joining).
Please note that this trip includes a border crossing. All personal IDs, passports, etc. must be up-to-date and readily available. Please review border crossing mandates here.
Both nights will be spent at Wilderness Tours Raft & Kayak Resort. The price of the trip includes the cost of a tent camping site and use of the on-site shower facilities. Participants must have their own tents and camping gear for this experience.
Cabin accommodations are available for an extra charge. Please contact Ralph prior to making other arrangements.
Five meals are included in the cost of the trip. Two meals will be the responsibility of participants. Food will mostly be served on-site at Wilderness Tours. Please inform Ralph of any dietary restrictions or allergies ahead of time.
Costs & Registration
- $399.00 per person
- 2 full days of fun and adventure
- 2 nights of camping at the resort
- campsite and showers included
- 5 meals
- 1 day of whitewater rafting
- experienced educators
Included in the cost of this trip…
What's Not Included
- transportation and fuel costs
- tents and other camping gear
- 2 meals (lunch & dinner on Sunday)
- hammer, chisel, eye protection for Herkimer
- gratuity for trip leaders (appreciated, not required)
Not included in the cost of the trip…