Join Earth Spirit Excursion’s naturalists on an adventure that will shape your understanding of the Yellowstone ecosystem forever. Participants will be introduced to the various mega-fauna of the region, including wolves, grizzly bears, elk, moose, and more, through interpretive hikes, wildlife watching and meetings with local experts! As well as the wildlife, participants will be treated to the Park’s main attractions as Old Faithful, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone Lake and the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone are all visited and appreciated. The connections Earth Spirit has made with the local wildlife watching, photographic, and scientific community have made this trip unique and exclusive.
Not one to miss!
Be sure to register early, as spots are limited and can fill up quickly!
Contact us today or register online below!
A typical day in Yellowstone begins early, as the wildlife doesn’t wait for us!
5:30am – Wildlife watching
9:00am – Breakfast @ Roosevelt Lodge
11:30am – Tour of Mammoth Hot Springs
12:30pm – Lunch in Mammoth
1:30pm – Grizzly bear viewing at Tom Miner
4:00pm – Return to Silver Gate
5:00pm – Dinner at The Log Cabin Cafe in downtown Silver Gate
Following Park rules and regulations, Earth Spirit educators will help participants to locate, view, and understand the local wildlife as we utilize high-powered spotting scopes and binoculars from afar.
Wildlife opportunities extend to our time outside of the Park as well as we venture to the Beartooth Mountains and Tom Miner basin to search for critters as well!
Whether you’re a professional photographer or an amateur with a smartphone, the abundance of wildlife and breathtaking landscapes will impress. Throughout the trip we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate any personal photographic desires. As a bonus, a couple of spotting scopes will be equipped with a mount for a smartphone that will allow for video and photos to be taken through the lens.
Fly Fishing & Instruction
Participants will be briefed on the basics of fly-fishing and equipped with the necessary equipment prior to spending a day on the water outside of the Park. We will be fishing on the same stretches of crystal clear creek that Ernest Hemingway did while spending time in the region!
Participants will be required to purchase a single-day fishing license for this experience. These can be purchased in town, the day of the fishing trip.
Instructor, Trip Leader
Instructor, Trip Leader
Wildlife Along The Rockies, National Geographic Society, BBC, Netflix
Earth Spirit will be prepared to pick up all guests from the Bozeman International Airport (BZN) on August 14th, 2022 and will return guests to the airport on August 24th, 2022. All transportation to, in and around the Park will be provided by Earth Spirit, however guests will have to arrange transportation to Bozeman, MT.
Please do not make final travel arrangements before contacting Earth Spirit.
Guests will be staying in the beautiful, modern, fully furnished and centrally located Silver Gate Cabins in the quaint mountain town of Silver Gate, MT.
Guests will be sharing a common living space, kitchen, and bathrooms, but will have a private bedroom to stay in*.
*Accommodations may change depending on availability and other extenuating circumstances. Participants will be made aware of any changes. Please make any personal requirements known when registering.
Included in the program cost are four group meals and various snacks provided throughout the trip by Earth Spirit. The rest of the meals are the responsibility of the guest. There are wonderful, local restaurants to choose from and full kitchens provided in each cabin. A stop will be made at a local grocery store on the way in to ensure participants can purchase any food items they may wish to have throughout the trip.
Costs & Registration
- $3,000.00 per person
- Registration is limited to 10 participants.
- Registration minimum is 5 participants.
- transportation in and around Park
- accommodations at Silver Gate Cabins
- four group meals at local restaurants
- light snacks and refreshments
- daily wildlife watching and naturalist interpretation
- Swarovski 90-95mm spotting scopes
- Universal PhoneSkope smartphone adapters for scopes
- fly-fishing rods, reels, flies, and instruction
- visits with local experts and authors in the fields of photography, wildlife watching, and advocacy
Included in the program cost…
What's Not Included
- transportation from home to Bozeman, MT
- transportation from Bozeman, MT to home
- personal clothing/gear/toiletries
- photographic equipment (other than PhoneSkope adapter)
- meals (other than four group meals)
- fishing license (Wyoming; can be purchased on-site)
- gratuity for staff (appreciated, not required)
Not included in the cost of the program…
To reserve your place on this trip:
- A $500.00 deposit is due by 03/01/2021
- The remaining balance is due by 05/01/2021
- Once minimum registration is reached, the trip is a "go" and deposits are not refundable